Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church (ELCA)
401 Fifth Street North, Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
Phone: 727-822-3307 • Email: email@example.com
Sunday Worship: 10 a.m.
We welcome all who come to our worship services.
Communion is open to all believers!
SOUP AND STUDY IN LENT
We will gather in the Fellowship Hall at six p.m. on the five Wednesdays in Lent to share a soup supper and to study some well-loved Lutheran hymns. We’ll learn the stories behind their creation and discuss what they have to say about us and our relationship with God.
We need people to provide the soup each week. Call the church office to volunteer or sign up on the bulletin board in the fellowship hall. In our first class, on March 8, we will look at hymns written by Martin Luther, and not just “A Mighty Fortress is our God”!
Trinity is a “Reconciling in Christ” Congregation in the ELCA. — Welcoming all people without regard to race, family or economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or differing abilities.
Our recently painted RED DOORS provide a message of welcome to the community!!
**New church hours effective Jan 3, 2017 decided at Nov Council meeting: Monday thru Thursday 9:00 am – 3:00 p.m.
Enjoy our member, Brendan Hall, performing the Prelude and Fugue in C Minor from Bach’s “The Well-Tempered Clavier,” as he did at Trinity on the Third Sunday of Advent.
Brendan Hall playing prelude
New Sunday School Program
Beginning January 8, 2017, new Sunday School options for all children will be offered. Each week at 9 am, two classes will be available:
DIG IN (lead by Lisa Johnson) ages K-5
CREATION (lead by Alan Due) ages over 12
MARCH AT A GLANCE
Wednesday, March 8, at 6 p.m.: Lent Soup and Study (fellowship hall)
Saturday, March 11 WELCA Suncoast Conference Spring Gathering oat St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Clearwater.
Sunday, March 12: WELCA bake sale and the first day of our “Reformation 500” book store
Wednesday, March 15, at 6 p.m.: Lent Soup and Study (fellowship hall)
Saturday, March 18: Mirror Lake clean-up at 9 a.m.
Sunday, March 19: Serving Ministry Team after worship
Monday, March 20: Church Council at 6 p.m.
Wednesday, March 22, at 6 p.m.: Lent Soup and Study (fellowship hall)
Sunday, March 26: Justice Network Member lunch after worship in Redeemer Hall
Sunday, March 26 Band of Angels Meet after service
Wednesday, March 29, at 6 p.m.: Lent Soup and Study (fellowship hall)
From Pastor Paul — There are great things going on this weekend.
- Everyone is invited (and council members are strongly encouraged) to attend the Bishop’s Lenten Visitation in Lakeland. This will be our last chance to have conversation with the bishop before he resigns. There will also be discussion about the importance of Luther’s “Small Catechism” in the present day and worship led by the bishop.
- The program is from 9:45 a.m. until about 12:30 p.m. The location is: Grace Lutheran Church, 745 South Ingraham Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801.
- We have one carload of people departing from Trinity at 8:15. If anyone else would like to be in a carpool, please be at the church between 8 and 8:15. Otherwise, we’ll see you in Lakeland.
- We’re also organizing groups to go and see the film “The Shack” on Saturday at the Cobb Luxury 10 cinema at Tyrone Square. Most people have indicated that they want to see the 4:00 showing, but there’s also one at 7:30. You can go on line and get your tickets in advance or buy them at the theater. After the four o’clock show, we’ll have a brief discussion of the film before we part company.
- Sunday School begins at 9 a.m. While the younger folks “Dig In” and explore “Creation,” the adults will start looking at an introduction to the book of Romans written by Martin Luther.
- Worship is at 10; our scriptures are about God calling Abraham and Jesus having a conversation with Nicodemus
- After worship, the “Band of Angels” will hold a pre-St Patrick’s Day bake sale. It will also be the first day to order merchandise from our 14-day Reformation Book Store.
WEEKLY ACTIVITIES FOR OUR TRINITY FAMILY
Sunday Worship 10:00 a.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m Bible Study , New Sunday School
Sunday Morning 8:30 a.m Choir Rehearsal .
Wed 9:30 a.m. Sew ‘n Sews
Wed 8:15 a.m. Men’s Breakfast @Rae Rae’s
Thurs 6:00 p.m Bell Choir-check with director
Sat 8:00 a.m. Loaves & Fishes Breakfast
Tuesdays & Fridays 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Distribute @ Food Pantry
Saturday Elevation Worship Every Saturday 5:00 p.m.